D. K. Yoon is TIEMS Host for TIEMS 2019 Annual Conference in Seoul, Korea.
Dr. D.K. Yoon is an associate professor in the Department of Urban Planning and Engineering at Yonsei University. Prior to joining Yonsei University faculty in 2016, Dr. Yoon was an associate professor in the Disaster & Risk Management Engineering Track at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) and an assistant professor in the Department of Emergency Management at North Dakota State University (NDSU). He holds a Ph.D. in City and Regional Planning from Cornell University. Dr. Yoon teaches and conducts research in the areas of disaster management, disaster policy and planning, disaster vulnerability and capacity assessment, and spatial analysis using Geographic Information Systems.
- Associate Professor, 2016 – present
- Department of Urban Planning and Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Associate Professor, 2012 – 2016
- Disaster Management Engineering Track, School of Urban and Environmental Engineering, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), Ulsan, Korea
- Assistant Professor, 2007 – 2012
- Department of Emergency Management, North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota, US