Alex Fullick is TIEMS Editor with main responsibility for TIEMS Scientific Articles Newsletter
Alex Fullick, MBCI, CBCP, CBRA, v3ITIL has been assisting major Canadian organizations initiate and manage customized Business Continuity Management (BCM) programs for over 19 years. He is the Founder and Managing Director of StoneRoad, a consultancy and training firm specializing in BCM.
During his career, Alex Fullick has;
- Performed numerous Business Impacts Analysis (BIA) workshops
- Developed business contingency / disaster recovery strategies and plans
- Developed and implemented Crisis Management Teams and structures
- Created training and awareness programs
- Implemented communication strategies
- Facilitated and coordinated many Disaster Recovery (DR) / Business Continuity tests and exercises; the largest of which included the coordination of teams in 3 countries with over 170 participants from both business and technology groups
He has routinely been asked to present at global BCM/DR conferences and is the author of several books, including; “Heads in the Sand; What Stops Corporations from Seeing Business Continuity as a Social Responsibility”, “Business Impact Analysis (BIA): Building the Foundation for a Strong Business Continuity Program”, “Testing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans” and “Watch Your Step: The Slips, Trips, Traps and Falls of Managing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Programs.” All his books are helpful manuals with tips and advice for hesitant companies who want to develop a BCM program but don’t know where to start, or have difficulty understanding why their current program is not as effective as it could be.
Alex is currently working on his 7th book.
He has his Member level certification with the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI); earned his Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) status with the Disaster Recovery Institute, and holds a Certified Business Resiliency Auditor (CBRA) designation and is foundation certified in the ITIL methodology.