Alex Fullick, MBCI, CBCP, CBRA, v3ITIL is the editor of the TIEMS Special Edition Newsletter.
Alex has been working in Business Continuity Management (BCM), Disaster Recovery (DR) and Organizational Resiliency, and Program & Project Management for over 21 years. He is the Founder and Managing Director of StoneRoad, a consultancy and training firm specializing in BCM and is also the host and creator of the popular podcast ‘Preparing for the Unexpected’ on the VoiceAmerica talk radio network.
During his career, Alex Fullick has;
- Performed numerous Business Impacts Analysis (BIA) workshops
- Developed and documented business contingency / disaster recovery strategies and plans
- Developed and implemented Crisis Management Teams and structures
- Created training and awareness programs
- Implemented communication strategies
- Oversaw Governance on multi-million dollar projects/programs
- Facilitated and coordinated many Disaster Recovery (DR) / Business Continuity tests and exercises; the largest of which included the coordination of teams in 3 countries with over 170 participants in both business and IT
He has routinely presented at global BCM/DR conferences and is the author of several books, including; “Heads in the Sand”, “Made Again” (2 Volumes), “Business Impact Analysis (BIA)”, “Testing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans”, and “Watch Your Step”. All his books are helpful manuals with tips and advice for hesitant companies who want to develop or enhance their BCM/DR preparedness and response capabilities. Alex is working on his 8th book.
He has his Member level certification with the Business Continuity Institute (MBCI); earned his Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) status with the Disaster Recovery Institute, and holds a Certified Business Resiliency Auditor (CBRA) designation, is a Commissioner on the Certification Board for the Disaster Recovery Institute Canada, and is foundation certified in the ITIL methodology.